Hardware is necessary to allow your computer to run. However, it fails over time, and can cause a variety of symptoms which include:
- Your computer drastically slows down, and may seem inoperable
- Your computer frequently freezes, and hangs (you need to switch it off and back on again)
- Certain components on your computer no longer work (e.g. disk drive, WIFI)
- You receive certain error codes when you are using your computer
GY Computing can run extensive tests of your PC to diagnose the exact component causing the problem and will test the hardware with equivalent components in our workshop. Software can also be used to find the fault to other problems e.g. memory issues, failing hard drives, over heating fans etc.
However, you may just find that you are looking to upgrade a component in your PC. The most commonly upgraded components we encounter in desktops/laptops are:
- Hard drives – many customers have decided to move away from the standard mechanical drive, and install a Solid-State Drive (SSD), which offer a huge performance boost – we can help choose a drive that is suitable for your needs and install this for you! We guarantee you will be impressed by the results!
- Memory (RAM) – the memory is where programs are stored, when they are being processed by the computer. The more open programs you have, the more memory you will use. Increasing your RAM capacity allows you to open more programs at the one time and will lead to a performance boost.
Upgrades can significantly increase your computer’s performance and help keep it up to date. We will run all the necessary pre-checks to ensure you are getting the right hardware, conduct the actual upgrade, and ensure everything is working afterwards.
Please enquire to find out if we can help with any upgrades you are looking to make!
Need an Upgrade or Fix?
We offer a home repair service with no call out charge